(scroll down for details)
The Road to Resilience:
A Body-Based Pathwork Workshop
Based on PL #101, The Defense
“In defensiveness, you not only damage your physical body, but you limit your thoughts, your range of emotions, your concepts, your creativity, your spiritual life, your ability to relate to others,…your concern with truth as such, and therefore your ability to love and respect yourself and others.” PL #101
Knowing that our bodies respond before our brains:
- What are your bodily responses when you feel hurt, rejected, criticized and/or frustrated?
- How does your bodily reactivity restrict your ability to respond?
- How would your life be different if you were more accepting of criticism, frustration, hurt, and yes, even rejection?
This workshop will provide an opportunity to dive deeply into those four experiences — what the Guide calls “unreal dangers”: Hurt, Criticism, Rejection, and Frustration.
Resilience is the rapidity with which one comes back to center from any negative experience, including these common yet challenging “unreal dangers”. We cannot avoid them; we can have mature responses to them.
You will build resilience by:
- Becoming acutely aware of your automatic reflexes and preferred defenses: aggression, withdrawal, or submission
- Learning how your defensive reactivity impacts your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being
- Understanding and challenging the core misconception that feeds your defensiveness
- Honing your capacity to soften your defensive wall so that even when troubled, you can remain open and maintain focus on truth and connection
Let’s come together and explore what your life would be like if you no longer defended against hurt, rejection, frustration, and/or criticism. The possibility for greater ease and connection with oneself and others is within reach!
When: Friday, June 24, 7 to 9 p.m.; Saturday, June 25, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday, June 26, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A determination based on covid positivity/infection rates will be made on June 17 as to whether the workshop will be held. Tuition will be refunded if we need to cancel due to the pandemic.
Where: Persad Center, 5301 Butler St., Suite 100, Pittsburgh PA 15201
Covid-19 policy and requirements for this in-person event:
Since it seems that Covid is part of our life and our new normal, this workshop will be held regardless of the Covid-19 positivity rate. It is imperative that all workshop participants are vaccinated, boosted, have a negative self-test within 24 hours of the first session, understand that they are assuming possible risk by attending the in-person meeting, and are symptom-free (CDC symptom list).
Pittsburgh Pathwork’s Teachers, Helpers, and affiliates make every effort to create a safe environment, informed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the PA Department of Health guidelines.
Facilitated by: Renee Whatley, Pathwork Helper, who will be co-facilitating Pittsburgh Pathwork’s upcoming Transformation Program (TP). This event counts toward the workshop requirement for participating in TP. Register early; space is limited to 12 participants.
Payment due in full at registration. Space is not fully reserved until payment is received. Tuition refundable up to June 10. Scholarships are available. Please contact Judy Talbert, Spiritual Director, at jt.synergy(at)comcast.net.